Masters Coach (On Call)
Reporting to the Aquatics Coordinator. This job entails creating swim workouts, motivating and coaching swimmers 16 years and older. This position is also responsible for providing stroke correction at various levels of abilities.
- Planning and administering daily workouts for various skill levels and abilities.
- Maintaining attendance records.
- Providing motivation through positive reinforcement and creative activities.
- Developing strokes and providing a friendly and safe environment to nurture swimming abilities.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Variable, but may include: Sunday 8:00-11:00am, Wed/Fri: 6:30-8:30am & Tues/Thurs: 8:15-9:15pm
Required Education and Experience:
- Clear Criminal record Check Valid within six months
- Previous experience creating and interpreting swim workouts
- Previous experience coaching or instructing swimming in some capacity.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified Level 1 NCCP Swim Coach
- National Lifeguard Pool Option
- Red Cross – Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Standard First Aid
Contact Gary Lefebvre, Aquatic Coordinator at 250-550-3668 or at [email protected].
Aquatic Fitness Instructor
Recreation Services is looking for an experienced and qualified instructor to sub for our aquatic fitness classes. Experience and relevant qualifications required. Contact Deb Treherne, Recreation Programmer at 250-550-3672 or at [email protected].
Vernon Recreation Services is looking for volleyball referees for our Summer Beach Leagues.
Are you looking for a part time job in the evenings? Would you like to make $10.50 – $14.00 per hour while working in a sports atmosphere? Positions are available Monday, Wednesday - and Friday
Please submit a resume to:
email [email protected] or send in your resume to :
Recreation Services 3310 37 Ave, Vernon, BC. V1T 2Y5