Sport Program Leader - Pacific Sport Okanagan
The Regional Sport Development Centre, Pacific Sport Okanagan is currently seeking a high energy self starter for the position of Sport Program Leader – North Okanagan. Based in Vernon, the Sport Program Leader will be involved in the following initiatives: drop-in sport programs; physical literacy programs; regional sport development and sport networking. This is a part-time contract position requiring approximately 25 hours/week. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in Sport or Recreation, experience in the delivery of sport-based programs and a clear understanding of “Physical Literacy” and “Canadian Sport For Life”. A detailed job description is available at www.pacificsportokanagan.com.
Please submit your resume by 4:00 pm, September 22, 2014 to: PacificSport Okanagan, 645 Dodd Rd, Kelowna BC, V1X 5H1; fax: (250) 862-3327 or email [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Masters Coach (On Call)
Reporting to the Aquatics Coordinator. This job entails creating swim workouts, motivating and coaching swimmers 16 years and older. This position is also responsible for providing stroke correction at various levels of abilities.
- Planning and administering daily workouts for various skill levels and abilities.
- Maintaining attendance records.
- Providing motivation through positive reinforcement and creative activities.
- Developing strokes and providing a friendly and safe environment to nurture swimming abilities.
HOURS OF WORK:
- Variable, but may include: Sunday 8:00-11:00am, Wed/Fri: 6:30-8:30am & Tues/Thurs: 8:15-9:15pm
Required Education and Experience:
- Clear Criminal record Check Valid within six months
- Previous experience creating and interpreting swim workouts
- Previous experience coaching or instructing swimming in some capacity.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified Level 1 NCCP Swim Coach
- National Lifeguard Pool Option
- Red Cross – Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Standard First Aid
Contact Gary Lefebvre, Aquatic Coordinator at 250-550-3668 or at [email protected].
Aquatic Fitness Instructor
Recreation Services is looking for an experienced and qualified instructor to sub for our aquatic fitness classes. Experience and relevant qualifications required. Contact Deb Treherne, Recreation Programmer at 250-550-3672 or at [email protected].
Vernon Recreation Services is looking for volleyball referees for our Summer Beach Leagues.
Are you looking for a part time job in the evenings? Would you like to make $10.50 – $14.00 per hour while working in a sports atmosphere? Positions are available Monday, Wednesday - and Friday
Please submit a resume to:
email [email protected] or send in your resume to :
Recreation Services 3310 37 Ave, Vernon, BC. V1T 2Y5